The Dish Network User's Resource
Archive of changes to the Dish Channel Chart:
- Added channel 9662 (DATA2) to the list. It is reported at 61.5°
transponder 15 FTA. (anon)
- By request, color coded satellite and satellite location information.
Constructive comments always welcome. Use the E-mail address listed
- The new FCC Mandated Public Interest Channels are here!!! :-)
Daystar is now on channel 9408 at 61.5 and 148. (anon) It is identical
to channel 9713 on Sky Angel but it is not a mirror. This channel is actually
uplinked to 61.5° twice. Channel 9713 looks much sharper than
- Channel 9414 is now FamilyNet from 61.5 and 148. (anon) This channel
was on Sky Angel 9716 but was replaced by an FN off air affiliate over a year
- Edicating Everyone is still on channel 9413 but it has moved back to 61.5°
and 148 (anon) were it started two years ago.
- Z-73 (KDAZ AM 730 Albuquerque) is now available as part of the Sky Angel
package on channel 9773. This channel has replaced WAYRadio (WAYR) that
was on channel 9766.
- Channel 9410 (World Link) moved from transponder 18 at 119° to transponder
7 at 110° (JH, Jeff F)
- Louisville locals channels except WAVE 3 are now available to local
subscribers (anon, JH, Posts on DBSTalk.com)
- Added "coming Dec 19, 2002" to Louisville locals channels 9095-9101.
WAVE TV 3 (NBC) and Dish have yet to reach an agreement.
- Changed a note on channel 8360 (WCVN Covington). It was listed as
KET1 in lieu of WCVN (which is a full-time) repeater of KET1 on its analogue
channel. It has been reported that WCVN is indeed the source of Dish's
feed to the Cincinnati market. (Bill R)
- Channel 184 moved from transponder 13 to 2 at 119° (JH)
- Channel 220 moved from transponder 16 to 6 at 119° (JH)
- Channel 9173 Fox Spokane is now available to local DMA subscribers.
- Chicago "big 4" nets changed transponders last Wednesday from tp3 to tp 19
at 110° (anon and post at DBSTalk.com)
- The Muzak audio only channel Non-Stop Hip Hop has apparantly stopped on
Dish. Channel 962 is no longer available to subscribers
- Spokane's Fox affiliate became available today to locals subscribers.
I wish to apologize to the Spokane NBC and Fox affiliate personnel. The
statement I made in the crawl when the stations had yet to reach an agreement
proving how little they care for their viewers was not aimed at the rank and
file. It was aimed at those that would charge for redistribution of a
signal to their own area's viewers. My view of a TV station doing
anything other than saying "take my signal and pass it on to my viewers,
please!" is well known. ANY station that wishes to charge a nickel to have
their signal distributed to their viewers should have their license revoked for
refusing to serve their area. Unfortunately, that is not the way the
broadcasters view it. The fact that the redistributors charges for the signal
is irrelevant. Unless the station in question wishes to pay the full amount of
backhaul, uplink and lost opportunity costs to the disturber. This is a
personal opinion. Again I apologize if anyone other than the folks
directly responsible for the negotiations took offense at my commentary.
What I said about station (owners and managers) not caring about their
viewers still goes for all the station (owners and managers) still refusing to
grant permission for retransmission due to monetary compensation to retransmit
the signal to THEIR OWN marketing area! If the hold-up is because the
station wishes to blackmail the distributor into carrying another cable channel,
that is even worse! (FOX O&O, Hearst, etc)
- Channel 9172 NBC Spokane became available today along with the other 4
locals listed below. The NBC affiliate and Dish came to an agreement
late 12/11/02 (anon & Post on DBSTalk.com)
- The AT150 free preview is over. Channels 265-268 and 273-297 have
been removed from the grid
(Thanks to Jeff F., Jeremy and a few anon contributors for the following info
today...well actually most of it came in yesterday, but I was too busy to get to
- PPV channels 526-532 added to the line-up at 110° tp 3
- Channels 536 and 537 moved to channels 471 and 472.
- Channel 538 "Event" moved to channel 470. A "new" channel 538
created at 110° as another PPV channel.
- Channel 512 PPV has moved from 119° to 110° transponder 26
- Channel 493 (Hot Zone) moved from 119 to 110° transponder 18
- KYNE PBS 26 Omaha, NE assed to grid. This channel is now uplinked to
148° transponder 29.
- ABC, CBS, PBS and WB Spokane channels are now available to local
- CNBC World is now being uplinked to channel 207. However the channel is
not yet available to subscribers.
- Dish will be launching Spokane Washington (9170-9176) on 12/12/02 without
NBC or Fox since those stations have refused to grant retransmission consent.
- Channel 9701 was switched from Air One radio network to
K-Love, a California based radio network,
on 12/4/02. (AOL Anon)
- KVCR (8014) is back on the air and available to LA area subscribers again.
See THIS press
release for details (Boyd)
- Louisville Locals (9095-9101) now uplinked to spot beam 9 transponder 4 on
E*8 at 110° (anon)
- Omaha locals (9140-9146) now uplinked to spot beam 7 transponder 10 on E*8
at 110° (anon)
- Spokane, WA/Coeur D'Alene, ID locals (9170-9176) Now uplinked to spot beam
1 transponder 6 on E*8 at 110°. Channel 9177 now uplinked to transponder
29 on E*1 at 148°
- The Guardian Network (9707) is now available to Sky Angel subscribers.
This channels is a satellite channel based on WSFJ TV Lancaster, Oh. Pax
- Channels 266-297 added to grid as the AT150 freeview channels.
- After a whole day at 110°, Burlington VT locals (8935-8943) have
moved back to where they were on transponders 1 and 3 at 119° (JH, Sojourner)
- Fresno locals also bounced back to where they were before they were moved
- Des Moines CBS, NBC, Fox and PBS channels (9111-9113 & 9116) now available
to Des Moines DMA subscribers. ABC and WB affilliates (9110 and 9114)
are not available due to retransmission consent issues (Jeff C.)
- Buffalo ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, WB, PBS and an independent station to be UPN
on Jan 1 (9125-9129, 9131 & 9132) now available to Buffalo DMA customers.
- Colorado Springs ABC, Fox and PBS locals (9065, 9068 and 9071) along with
KWGN WB2 Denver now
available to Colorado Springs DMA subscribers. CBS and NBC not available due
to retransmission consent issues.
- Channel 9707 (Guardian Network) on Sky Angel is now uplinked to the
satellite at 61.5°. It's still not available to customers. (anon)
- Washington DC locals moved to Transponder 4 spot 13 at 110°(Joel)
- San Antonio locals 8470-8476 were incorrectly listed as coming from spot
beam 30 (old map). Listing changed to spot beam 6 (Greg)
- Des Moines and Buffalo locals did not become available at 5pm this evening
as is the usual custom. So I guess they will come tomorrow as announced
by E*. (Jeff C.) Sorry jumping
the line by one day. :-)...Yes Paul, you were right all along. :-)
- Burlington, VT local channels 8941-8943 moved from transponders 1, 3 and 3
respectively on E*7 at 119° spot beam 13 to transponder 4 spot beam 13 on E*8
at 110° (JH)
- Burlington VT local channels 8935-8938 moved from transponder 1 spot beam
13 on E*7 at 119° to transponder 6 spot beam 13 on E*8 at 110° (JH)
- Channels 149, 177 and 186 moved from transponder 9 to 12 at 110°
- Channels 175 and 623 moved from transponder 15 to 17 at 110°
- Channels 351 and 354 moved from transponder 1 to 18 at 110°
- Channels 341 and 343 moved from transponder 1 to 20 at 110°
- Fresno locals (8965-8971) moved from spot beam 4 at 119° to a spot beam 4
transponder 10 at 110° (Darkman on DBSTalk.com).
- Colorado Springs locals are rumored to be launched to subscribers Nov. 22.
The source of the info is an e-mail from Dish Netwrok (FrankZ from DBSTalk.com
- Channel 9996 came to life showing a Dish Logo and playing music at 61.5
and 148. This channel is not available to subscribers. It's EPG
name is ECC.
- KVCR (8014) in the LA DMA is off the air. Dish is showing color bars
and an Off the Air slate. See
release for details. (Boyd, anon)
- Channel 9502 is now called OTST8 (Open TV Test channel 8) instead of
- Anchorage Alaska locals were recently discovered on Satellite AMC 7 in
digital format encrypted on the same MUX (JH). In a leap of logic,
I decided to list the AK locals in the chart without channel numbers.
E*7 has a spot beam aimed at Alaska so look for the stations to pop up there.
Until they can be confirmed actually on E*7, I have left the channel numbers
and satellite info off the chart. They are currently listed between
channels 9071 and 9110.
- Channel 9707 (Guardian TV) which is due to launch this month now had an
EPG listing, though the channel itself is not yet uplinked. The EPG is
on the old EnlaceTBN slot on transponder 32 at 61.5° (anon)
- Channels 9131 and 9132 now have picture and sound instead of a "technical
difficultis" slide. (anon)
- Transponder 13 at 110° is widely reported are having been switched back to
E*5 from E*8. Signal strength and footprint comparison reports seem to
support this conclusion. Changed the chart to reflect this info.
- NBA TV now available to NBA League Pass subscribers on channel 560 (JH)
So...the rumor was wrong in the other direction for a change! :-)
- The Holiday Music channel now available to ALL Dish Network subscribers on
channel 982 (JH)
- Channel 223 is now a "shared" channel. Vision TV (which is nothing
but infomercials) now shares time with the Healthy Living Channel (which is
also all infomercials). (Jeff F)
- Lots of channels moved transponders last night at 110°: From 31 to 11,
133, 307. From 26 to 11, 323. From 29 to 13, 457. From
27 to 13, 458, 624. From 26 to 13, 193. From 25 to 13, 9415.
From 23 to 13, 620. From 22 to 13, 401, 460. From 13 to 15 175,
623, 9400-9407 and 9413. (JH, Jeff F)
- KGMC (8974) is now available as part of the Fresno Locals package
- Des Moines Locals added to the grid on channels 9110-9116.
Transponder 10 spot 7
- Detroit locals on channels 8030-8036 have been on spot beam 10 at 110° for
some time. Added the info to these channels. An observant reader
pointed out the oversight. (Joel B)
- Holiday Music is now being uplinked to channel 982 in stereo. (Jeremy)
The same audio but in mono and limited dynamic range is also on channel 949.
A different holiday music program is also running on channel 947. (anon)
Channel 982 is not yet available to mere mortals. Rumor has it that it
will become available tomorrow. Channels 947 and 949 are available to
subscribers of the Muzak commercial audio package ($39.95 a month to
- Channel 560, NBA TV is rumored to be coming to Dish in January 2003.
The channel is currently uplinked, but not available to subscribers yet.
- Announced on the Tech Chat today...Buffalo and Des Moines locals are
coming to Dish on November 21st. (JH). The channels will most likely be
available at or shortly after 5pm Eastern Standard time 11/20. Added
info to Buffalo channels (9100 range). Looking frantically for Des
Moines listings somewhere in the sky.
- Also announced on the Tech Chat that Buffalo will also have the UPN
affiliate. Added info to channel 9130. Will add satellite info if
and when it becomes available. The reason for the (9) is because it is
unclear if UPN67 was specifically mentioned or just UPN. The UPN
affiliation is scheduled to change 1/1/03 for a channel already uplinked on
- KGMC TV 43 (HSN
- Clovis/Fresno, CA) Channel 8974 will be added to
Dish's Fresno locals on 11/14/02
- Las Vegas locals (sans NBC) became available to subscribers
- Channel 9504 changed EPG name from Demo4 to OTST7. This is an Open
TV test channel (anon)
- Jacksonville (9050-9057) Now available to subscribers. (AFH on DBSTalk.com)
- Looks like Buffalo locals will be coming to subscribers soon!
Buffalo/Niagara locals now uplinked to the low 9100 block (Darkman on DBSTalk).
- Holiday Music Channel now uplinked (982). Not yet available to
subscribers and no sound yet; just song title info comes up (anon)
- WGCB Red Lion (Harrisburg DMA) changed from (14) to (8) (Jeremy)
- Channel 8360 listed as WCVN is now actually a direct feed of Kentucky
Educational TV 1 (KET 1) from Lexington. The listing changed to reflect
this. WCVN Covington is a repeater of KET but generally goes off the air
at midnight. KET has a 24 hour feed with Annenberg telecourse programs
- KGPE CBS Fresno channel 8966 is now available in the LIL package (Jim D)
- Channel 946 Muzak has changed from "Broadway and Hollywood" showtunes to
"Roadhouse" which describes itself as "a lively mix of country, adult rock,
blues and classic rock."
- Jacksonville local channels (9050-9057) announced to be launched on 11/6
according to dealer news. Added that info to the listings.
- Las Vegas local channels (9030-9039) announced to be coming on 11/7.
Added info to listings
- Channel 548 (NHL CI) moved to transponder 7 and channel 549 moved to
transponder 5. NHL fans will like the move. NBA fans probably
wont. :-) (JH)
- A post on DBSForums.com reports that the Harrisburg CBS and UPN stations
(9016 and 9020) are now available on the LIL package.
- Channels 9595 and 9598 Data 5 and 8 respectively are no longer uplined.
They have been removed from the grid (anon)
- Two new locals are now being uplinked. KUPX TV 16 Pax Provo/Salt
Lake City is uplinked to spot 7 tp 9 (Utah "spot") at 119° channel 8545 and
KGMC TV 43 HSN Clovis/Fresno is uplinked to tp 25 at 148° channel 8974 (anon)
- Changed all the question marks in the Spot Beam transponders to correspond
with Bryan's maps HERE.
Cities changed from ##s? include Nashville, Minneapolis, Cincinnati (the one
with the missing UPN channel), Pittsburgh and Cleveland. Also the spot
numbers on Tampa and Orlando changed to correspond with the maps.
- Added a FAQ on the bottom of the chart "What does the "S" mean?"
- NBA League Pass Channels now visible to all subscribers's EPGs on channels
561-571. Changed them from red to normal listings and removed the (1)
- Channel 560 now available via FTA receiver showing Dish Logo and playing
Muzak. Changed (8) to (1)
- Though channel 560 has not yet been reported uplinked again as 561-571
have, channel 560 has been reported as being listed on the TiVo units as NBA
TV. Added the channel to the grid as a (8).
- Added web links to the NHL and NBA channels (540-571)
- NBA League Pass channels (561-571) moved around on transponders 5 and 7 (JH,
- Las Vegas locals added to grid on channels 9030-9039. These channels
are not available to subscribers yet and in some instances the channels have
test patterns or other TV stations for testing purposes. Transponder 2
(anon) 110° spot 4(?)
- Jacksonville locals added to grid on channels 9050-9057 transponders 2 and
6 (anon) spot 12 on 110°
- Removed Channel 560. This was one of the NBA channels first sighted
early last week. It disappeard within the day along with the rest of the
560 block. When the 560 block reappeared, channel 560 did not come back.
- I've consolidated several columns on the chart to save more than 100kb in
file size for those of us with dial-up, this makes a pretty big difference.
Please let me know what you think. I have the old format saved. If
you prefer that format please let me know. If I get enough negative
feedback I'll go back to the old way.
- NBA LP channels 561-571 confirmed uplinked at 110°. Channels still
not available to mere mortals. They have ordering info on them.
- Enlace TBN the spanish language channel on Sky Angel (9720) has vanished
from the Sky Angel line-up as expected. The channel is still uplinked
for now, but it will be removed in favor of the channel listed on 9707 by the
end of November.
- Added what will probably be the NBA-League Pass link to the programming
info section of the chart.
- NBA League Pass channels added to grid on channels 560-571. (JH)
UPDATE: These channels appeared then disappeared from the guide
within a half day. (JH) The actual announcement over this package has
not been made so a (9) "Rumor" tag has been place there. If these
channels do not appear by the beginning of the B-Ball season, chances are they
will not this year. (TNGTony) Update on the update...Channel listings for
561-571 have reappeared 10/23.
- Pittsburgh locals 708/8130, 733/8131, 758/8132 and 783/8133 have moved to
Spotbeams on transponder 2. Channels 8134-8136 have moved to spotbeams
on transponder 8 (JH)
- Cleveland locals 876/8510, 883/8511, 890/8512, 897/8513,
8514, 820/8514 and 8516 have moved to spotbeams with Pittsburgh on
transponder 2 (JH)
- Cincinnati Locals 709/8350, 734/8351, 759/8352, 784/8353,
8354 (NOT 8355 because dish refuses to carry this channel and is the ONLY
multi-channel carrier in the market that does NOT carry this channel) and 8356
have moved to Spotbeams with the rest of Pittsburgh on transponder 8
- Detroit locals 723/8030, 748/8031, 773/8032, 798/8033, 8034, 8035
and 8036 have moved to spotbeams on transponder 10 (JH)
- Austin locals 8250-8254 and 8256 have moved to spotbeams presumably on
transponder 8. (JH) UPDATE: Confirmed at tp 8 (Jim D)
- Albuquerque locals moved from ConUS transponder 15 to spot beam 26
(JH) Transponder 6 (Post on dbstalk.com)
- San Antonio moved from ConUS transponder 11 to spot beam 30 (JH)
Transponder 2 (Mark H)
- Sacramento locals moved from ConUS transponder 7 to spot beam 4 (JH)
Transponder 8 (Jim D)
- It is ASSUMED that KTEL (8819) moved from 148° tp 25 to 110° spot beam 26
along with the other Albuquerque locals. (UPDATE: Perhaps not! The
Dish Network web page no longer lists KTEL as a station available in the
Albuquerque locals package.)
- Fox Sports World (En Español) has had a name change to Fox Sports en
Español. The EPG name changed from FSWES to FSESP. (Jeff F.)
- KTEL (8819) No longer appears to be coming from 148° tp 25. Current
location unknown. (JH) A contribution about the location of this channel
from an Albuquerque sub would be appreciated.
- Added channel 8823 to the grid in the Albuquerque locals block at 148° tp
25. There is at least a placeholder there for the channel. (JH)
Station ID is assumed to be KRPV, Roswell.
- Added channel 8239 to the San Fransisco locals at 148° tp 27. At the
very least there is a placeholder there.(JH) The station ID is assumed
to be the KFTY Santa Rosa.
- Removed satellite info from KRSC (8929). This channel's place holder
no longer appears to be on the 148 or any other satellite. (JH)
- Sky Angel will be adding a new channel in late November. Added
channel 9707 to the grid. (JH).
- Also made a change to channel 9720. Enlace was purchased by TBN has
requested they be removed from the Sky Angel Line-up. Looks like GTN
will be replacing Enlace/TBN.
(Thanks to JH, anon, Moe T and Jeff F. for the following information today)
- Philadelphia locals moved from transponder Spotbeam transponder 6
presumably spot 13
- Minneapolis Locals stayed on transponder 8 and transponder 8 became a spot
beam. Unknown spot number so far.
- Transponders 8 and 10 have been made spot beam transponders today.
So transponders 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 are spot beams at 110°. More "spots"
will be activated on those transponder frequencies soon.
- The Orlando locals yesterday moved to transponder 6 and not 4 as
previously reported. Sorry for the misinformation.
- Freeview on channel 598 (NTV America) ended on Wednesday 10/15 at about
(Thanks to JH, anon, Sean H, Sean F, Mike S, Moe T, Mike T and others for their
contributions on the following changes today)
- Moved from transponder 2 to transponder 9 at 110°: 149, 177, 186, 498,
621, 622, 627, 630, 631 and 632.
- Albuquerque locals (8810-8816) confirmed at transponder 15 by 3
- Nashville locals confirmed on spotbeam transponder 6 (spotbeam number
unkown) at 110°
- Tampa locals (8270-8276) moved from transponder 9 to spotbeam transponder
2. (Presumably spot 34)
- Orlando locals moved from transponder 5 (now vacant) to spotbeam
transponder 4? (presumably spotbeam 34)
- Colorado Springs locals found at spot beam transponder 4 (Unknown spot)
(thanks to JH and Jeff F for the following info at 110°)
- Moved from transponder 24 to 2: 149, 186, 498, 621, 622, 627, 630, 631 and
- Moved from transponder 22 to 2: 177
- Moved from transponder 24 to 22: 460
- Moved from transponder 2 to 24: 540-547
- Moved from transponder 7 to 9: 851, 855, 859, 863 and 8690-8696
- Moved from transponder 9 to 7: 714, 739, 764, 789 and 8630-8636
- Moved(?) from transponder 6 (Now Spotbeam) to (God Knows where):
Albuquerque locals 701, 726, 751, 776 and
- Moved(?) from transponder 4 to (God knows where): Colorado Springs locals
(not yet available to subscribers)
- Transponders 4 and 6 are now Spotbeam transponders at 110°
- It appears that transponder 21 was switched to E*8 from E*5 early this
morning. Made the appropriate changes. (JH)
- Some changes made to the PPV channels that I've overlooked for some time.
Channels 504, 505, 507, 508, 509, 513, 514, 520, 522, and 524 all have SAP
(Usually Spanish) sound track. Channel 523 does not have
letterboxed movies. That was changed many moos ago.
- It appears that transponders 1, 3, 16 and 19 were switched over from E*5
to E*8 at 110° last night. Made the appropriate changes. (Larry R,
- Channels 594 (148 and 61.5°) are still on free preview. Changed the
notes so they would both say the same things (Larry R)
- Colorado Springs locals now confirmend uplinked to transponder 4 E*5 at
110°. This transponder will soon be a "spot beam".
- No changes yet...just this announcement: Starting this morning
(Monday 10/7/2002), Dish will be activating the new satellite Echostar
8. There will be a lot of channels being moved at 110° and possibly from
and to other satellite locations. For the next several weeks the
transponder information on this site may be incorrect. I expect the
regular contributors and I will be hard at work sending in updates as we
can. however any contributions from readers will be greatly
appreciated. If you see information that is incorrect on the chart,
please send an e-mail to email@example.com (link at the bottom of the page) with
channel number and EPG, old incorrect info and new correct info. Keep in
mind that updates will happen as soon as I get them. My "real" life may
delay some of the updates, but I will endeavor to update the page on a daily
- It has been reported by JH and by others on the internet that Transponders
13 and 14 are now emanating from Echostar 8. Changed E*5 to E*8 on these
transponders. No channel moves were done.
- The NHL Center Ice package channels became visible to mere mortals today. (Brad
Games (and free preview) starts Wednesday the 9th. The preview ends on
the 15th according to
this press release.
- Added "NHL CI" to package information with a link to the above press
release. As soon as the Dish Web Site includes CI information, the web
pointer will move there.
- Channels 9065-9071 identified as Colorado Springs locals. At this
point the channels themselves do not appear to be uplinked, only a "Technical
difficulties" slate. (anon)
- Channel 9069 added to the grid. It appears to be yet another mirror
of KWGN (This makes 4 mirrors). (anon)
- Dish lit up 10 new channels in the 500 block for NHL Center Ice.
Channels 540-547 are on 110° transponder 2 , 548 transponder 23 and 549
transponder 25 (JH)
- Looks like a new local market will be on Dish soon. Channels
9065-9068 and 9071 were lit up today. Channel identities unknown as of
this point. Stay tuned for details (JH)
- Channel 9995 spang to life not too long ago with WZPX TV Battle Creek,
Michigan. This channel is on transponder 8 at 148° and is as yet
unavailable to subscribers. No other news is known about this channelat
this time. (anon)
- KTEH San Fransisco local PBS channel 54 - DISH Network channel 8234 had
been removed from the San Fransisco line-up due to poor signal delivery from
the channel. Dish will reinstate the channel only when they can deliver
a better quality and more reliable signal to Dish's POP. (Mark H)
- KMOL San Antonio (753 & 8472) changed its call letters to WOIA (Jeff F.)
- HTBA (594) which is the Cyrillic alphabet for NTVA (NTV America) is now in
freeview mode for all Dish subscribers at 148° and 61.5°.
- Fixed an error in the grid. I had channel 500 as "Order" and channel
501 as "ONPPV" when, in reality, it should have been the other way around.
(Jeff F., P)
- Fresno, California ABC, NBC, PBS, UPN, Univision*** and Telemundo* (8965
block) now available FOR FREE to all Fresno subscribers. This will
remain free until Dish picks up CBS or Fox. At that point the price will
be $4.99 a month. And once both are picked up then the price is $5.99.
The WB station is owned by the CBS station so it will probably come at the
same time as the CBS station (IF Dish can strike up a deal). ***Telemundo and
Univision affiliates require a second dish which is ALSO FREE with FREE
installation when you order the FREE Fresno locals.
- Harrisburg, PA ABC, NBC, PBS and Fox/WB affiliates stations now available
to local subscribers for $4.99 a month. The price will increase to $5.99
a month once Dish can strike up a retransmission consent deal with the CBS
affiliate. The UPN affiliate is owned by the CBS affiliate so they will
probably come at the same time (If Dish can strike up a deal)
- Channel 501(Order) no long mirrors the video from channels 101 and 490.
This channel has moved from transponder 11 to 12 at 119° and shows a Dish logo
with background music. (Jeff F)
- Reno, NV locals now available to all Reno DMA subscribers. (9000-9006)
- Harrisburg locals now uplinked to channels 9015-9022 on E*7 at 119° spot
beam 13 (P, JH)
- Changed the name on Channel 594 from HTB Mir (NTV World) to HTB America.
It seems like HTB (NTB) will have a time-corrected feed of NTV World starting
next week. (anon)
- Changed the notes on channel 594 (NTV World America) to include that the
channel will be added to the line-up 9/25/02. A free preview will ba
available to Russian pack subscribers and then the chanel will be available a
la carte. (P)
- Changed the notes on the Polish channels to reflect they are also
available as a package and added a link to the Polish Pack page on
Dishnetwork.com in the programming footnotes. Channels 607, 609 and 664.
- Changed the EPG listing on channel 610 (which was incorrectly listed as
SUN) to SUNTV. (Jeff F.)
- Channel 594 which is identified on the EPG as HTBA is most likely the
North American feed of NTV World (HTB in the Cyrillic alphabet) (anon)
- WEAO (8520) Cleveland now available to Cleveland locals subscribers
- WJAL (8085) Washington now available Washington, DC local packages
- "HTBA" (Possibly NTVA--A Russian language channel) Now uplinked to
61.5°and 148° on channel 594 (anon).
- "ON PPV" channels have split up back to the way they were before the "Must
Carry" crunch in Januaray. Channels 103 and 500 are now the "3 Minute
Movie Guide". Channels 139 and 450 are the "3 Minute Sports & Event
Guide". They remained on Transponder 25. (Jeff F)
- Added note to WJAL (8070 block) that it is coming on 9/12/02 as announced
by Charlie Ergen (as WB...it is not a WB affiliate any longer).
- Added Note to WEAO (8520) that it is coming on 9/12/02 as announce by
Charlie Ergen on the September Charlie Chat
- Added channels 8965-8973 to grid. Fresno locals (P, JH)
- Added Channel 610 Sun TV to 148 and 61.5°.
- Many transponder changes on 110. Now on Tp 13 channels 175 and 623.
Now on Tp 21, 163, 309, 321, 330. Now on Tp 22 494. Now on
Tp 23 524. Now on tp 24 632. Now on Tp 26 203, 258, 525.
Now Tp 31 625
- Added channels 9000-9006 to grid. Reno Locals are now uplinked.(P)
- Channels 8157, 8160, 8163 and 8167 footnote changed from 1 to 14
- Channel 501 changed EPG name from ONPPV to Order. (Steve) Channel
contend has not changed.
- WFTC (Formerly Fox Network) and KMSP (Formerly UPN) have switch
affiliations in Minneapolis as of today. Channel 796 (MIN-F) was
switched to KMSP.
- Returning PPV channels 515, 518 and 519 are now visible to all
subscribers. Movies begin playing on these channels at 5am EDT 518,
5:30am EDT 515 and 6am EDT 519. All three PPV channels are "All Day"
- As of about 6pm EDT (3pm PDT) Fox Sports west 2 is available on channel
411 to AT100 subscribers and higher within the Fox Sports West RSN area ONLY.
This channel is not available to the multi-sport package subscribers.
- Looks like Portland had a network affiliate swap. Channel 8673 KPDX-TV 49
was a FOX affiliate has switched to UPN. Channel 8675 KPTV-TV
12 was a UPN affiliate and is now the Fox Affiliate.
- Channel 866 which is listed as PTL-F was switched from KPDX to KPTV
according to the EPG information this evening (Anon.)
- Fox Sports West 2 now uplinked to transponder 3 Spot 5 (Los Angeles) on
channel 411. (JS) It will be available to LOS ANGELES AREA AT100
and higher subscribers beginning 9/4/02
- PPV Channels 515, 518 and 519 that have been AWOL since "Must Carry"
pushed them off the line-up (on 1/9/02) are now being uplinked to 110°
transponder 27 (JH). These channels are not yet available to the public.
- Channels 9501-9504 (Open TV Demo channels) added to the grid. They
area apparently on E*3 (61.5°) on transponder 15. (P)
- Also on transponder 15 at 61.5° another Wink test channel on 9582. (P)
- Fixed some incorrect EPG info on channels 9591-9593. They were
listed as OTEST# and should have been OTST# (P)
- Added channel 465 to grid (Sports PPV). It is now on transponder 27
at 110°. (Jeff F.)
- The announcement on the 27th about channels 456 and 458 was premature.
They became active to mere mortals like us today. Sorry for the
inconvenience (Jeff F)
- Added SAP Designation and link to KOMO, KIRO, KING,
KCPQ and KCTS (720, 745, 770, 795, 8610-8613 & 8616). They are reported to have an SAP signal on the "Alternate
channel. Follow the SAP Link for
more information. (Jeff F)
- WTTV TV 4 Indianapolis confirmed available to Indy local subs. (Ogre)
- Channels 456 and 458 have returned to Dish's line-up. (JH) These are
PPV sports channels and carry ESPN Game Plan.
- WTTV (8454) was scheduled to be available today.
- The Action Pack has been discontinued by Dish Network.
Removed all action pack package info from channels affected (Go
here to see channels that were on the action pack) and
updated package info on the footnotes
- From the "better late than never" department, Waco ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and
PBS locals now available (8985-8988 & 8991) on Dish Network according to their
locals page ONLY if you enter the zip code in the address broker.
According to the last retailer chat Waco became available 8/21/02
- Channels 819 and 828 were mistakenly listed at 110°. Should have
been listed at 119°. (P/JH)
- WTTV 4 Indianapolis has been announced as coming to the Indy locals
8/28/02. Changed note on channel 8454 to reflect the announcement (P)
changes listed for this date occurred on the 110° location unless otherwise
- WTTV 4 Indianapolis (8454) is expected to be available on 8/21/02 but no
later than 8/31/02. Added note to channel listing .(WA)
- Channel 525 should have been on TP29 when the last big swap between tp3
and 29 occurred. And Channel 892 should have been listed on transponder 12
from some time ago, but as listed int eh changes below, this channel moved to
transponder 15. Thanks to Jeff F for catching these oversights.
- As expected, the Sacramento locals did indeed move to transponder 9 from
transponder 26. As listed in yesterday's changes, all the channels on tp
9 went to 26 at 110°. (JH)
- All channels that were on transponder 31 before the changes mentioned in
yesterday's log moved to transponder 19 (700, 725, 750, 775, 8070-8076 and
- Channel 999 that was on transponder 9 moved to transponder 26 along with
all the other programming on that transponder listed yesterday. (P, JH)
- Everything on transponder 20 at 110° (711, 713, 736, 738, 761, 763, 786,
788, 830, 8300-8306 & 8400-8403) moved to transponder 16. (JH)
- Detroit Locals (723, 748, 773, 798 & 8030-8036) moved from Transponder 4
to 20 at 110°. Transponder 4 has no programming on it at this moment (JH)
- All channels on transponder 12 (871, 878, 885, 892 & 8550-8556) have been
moved to transponder 15.(JH)
- All channels on transponder 15 (708, 733, 758, 783, 820, 876, 883, 890,
897, 8130-8133 & 8510-8516) have been moved to transponder 12 (JH)
- Many channels on transponder 21 moved to transponder 27 at 110°: 464,
504, 514, 9415. (Jeff F)
- Many channels on transponder 19 moved to transponder 31 at 110°: 224, 133, 188,
307, 505, 513, 520. 522, and possibly 632 (Jeff F)
- Transponders 26 and 9 seem to have swapped programming (Jeff F).
- All programming from transponder 9 (163, 179, 192, 193, 321, 323, 330 and
461) has definitely moved to transponder 26.
- Where the Sacramento locals have moved has not been verified but it is
assumed they have ended up on transponder 9. "??" entered in the
transponder area of Sacramento locals until location can be verified.
- Spot Beam 10 (Texas) transponders 5 and 7 turned on. (JD)
- Waco locals (8985-8995) uplinked to transponder 7 s 10 (JH)
- WTTV Indianapolis (8454) is now uplinked to E*7 Indianapolis (Great Lakes)
- Changed the notes on channel 8140 (1) to (9), and channels 8281, 8502,
8517, 8520, 8581, 8582 and 8583 (1) to (14). (PM)
- Added note (1) to channel 8903 to signify that it IS uplinked.
However due to retransmission consent issues, it is not available to
subscribers at this time. (PM)
- San Antonio locals (703, 728, 753, 778 and 8470-8476) moved from
transponder 27 to 11 at 110° (JH)
- Tucson Locals (8950-8956, 8958 and 8959) moved from 110° transponder 8 to
119° transponder 7 spot 6 (Phoenix) (JH)
- Minneapolis/St. Paul locals (721, 746, 771, 796 and 8570-8577) moved
from transponder 24 to transponder 8 at 110° (JH)
- All channels on transponder 7 at 110° (149, 186, 460, 498, 621,
622, 625, 627, 630, 631) moved to 24 at 110° (JH)
- Tampa/St. Petersburg locals (851, 855, 859, 863 and 8690-8696) moved from
transponder 16 to transponder 7 at 110° (JH)
- Transponders 2, 16 and 27 are currently empty though still transmitting an
MPEG carrier. (AND DISH STILL REFUSES TO CARRY WBQC 25 UPN CINCINNATI due to
lack of bandwidth!)
- Added 24 test channels to grid (9951-9974) are from 148° (PM)
- Channels 9416-9418 moved from transponder 31 to transponder 3 at 148° and
transponder 23 to transponder 10 at 61.5° (JH)
- Channel 9692 moved from transponder 15 to 10 at 61.5° (JH)
- Changed channel 9412 (UCTV)'s web link to new home page uctv.tv (MK)
- Channels 8307, 8308 and 8310 changed from from transponder 10 to
transponder 30 (PM)
- Channel 8284 reported no longer appears on EPG (PM) however it still has
space reserved. Changed note from (1) to (14)
- Radio France International (660) is now available at 148°. (Jeff F.)
- Added EPG Name to Discovery HD Theater channels at channel 9420 (Ron G.)
- WTTV (WB) Indianapolis (8454) will become available some time later in
August. Announced in the Aug 1 Retailer Chat. (PM)
- WPEC (CBS) West Palm Beach now available as part of the West Palm Beach
Locals. Announced in the Aug 1 Retailer Chat (PM)
- Channels 8942 and 8943 (Burlington Locals) are now on tranponder 3 spot 13
on E*7. Only channel 8942 is available to subscribers as of today. (JH)
Day at E*
- Transponder 5 at 110° was lit up again today and Transponder 2 was turned
- All channels on transponder 3 at 110° were moved to transponder 29:
223 (9611), 258, 457, 506, 510, 511, 516, 521, 523, 524, 525 and 36862 (the 9
day EPG for the 501/508 and 721) (JH)
- All channels on Tp 2 at 110° have moved to Tp 3 (8490/712, 8491/737,
8492/762, 8493/787 (JH)
- Orlando locals 8270/875, 8271/882, 8272/889 and 8273/896 have moved from
Tp 16 to Tp 5 at 110° (JH)
- Orlando locals 8275, 8276, 8277 have moved from Tp 26 to Tp 5 at 110° (JH)
- Nashville locals 8550/871, 8551/878, 8552/885, 8553/892 have moved from Tp
10 to Tp 12 at 110° (JH)
- All channels on Tp 13 have been swapped with all channels on Tp 22 at 110°
Now on Tp 13: 494, 9400, 9401, 9402, 9403, 9404, 9405, 9406, 9407, 9413, 9415
Now on Tp 22: 177, 194, 195, 401, 462, 463, 507, 517, 623
- Tucson Local Networks (sans NBC) launched on Dish today. (8950, 8951,
- Tulsa locals launched on Dish Today (8920-8928) (JH)
- Changed satellite info on channel 777 (John S) as should have been done
- Added SAP designation to channel 8636 (Mark H)
- Talk about waiting for the last second....Software Version 165 for the 501
receiver is now beeng spooled out. This allows receiption of channel 100
(Dish Home) and local channels mapping to their respective local channel
numbers. Updated notes (11) and (12) as well as the LIL note at the
bottom of the list.
- Changed transponder info on channels 777, 845 and 848. (PM)
All three of these channels should have been changed when the 8000 block
mirrors were changed weeks ago. Thanks to PM for pointing out the
- Channel 917 at 61.5° moved from transponder 14 to transponder 2 (PM)
- Channel 917 at 148 changed from (8) to (1). The channel has been
confirmed uplinked. (PM)
- Boston locals 8777, 8778, 8780, 8782 and 8783 moved from Tp 2 to Tp 22 at
- Channels 8461 and 8462 now active at 61.5° tp 30. Station IDs not
known at this time. (JH) Speculation...Muncie and Bloomington PBS
stations. Awaiting confirmation.....Muncie and Bloomington PBS it is.
However on further investigation, the channels listed are not actually
uplinked. At the insistence of a valued contributor footnote 14 has been
- Channels 8082, 8083 and 8085 no longer have slots reserved on 61.5°. (JH)
Left listing up as (9) with no Sat or TP info since they may still be included
in the the Washington DC package in the future.
- Channel 980 formerly known as Latter Day Saints (LDS) Radion Network has
changed its name to Brigham Young University (BYU) Radio Network. (PM/Ogre)
- Channel 9420 Discovery HD Theater confirmed on transponder 4 at 61.5° and
suspected on transponder 10 on 148° (JH)
- Tulsa locals (8920-8926) added to Spot Beam 8. They are scheduled to
become available 7/31/02 (PM)
- Transponders 5, 8 and 11 at 110° vacated and turned off. Transponder
29 has one hidden channel remaining (258). (JH)
- Transponder 8 activated again later the same day. See below for
- Austin locals moved from E*5 Tp 2 to Tp 17 (8250-8253) and
Tp 5. to Tp 17. (8254,8256) (JH)
- Miami locals (8830-8833) moved from E*5 Tp 5 to Tp 14. (JH)
- Albuquerque locals (8810-8813) moved from E*5 Tp 11 to Tp 6. (JH)
- Dallas Locals (8400-8403) moved from E*5 Tp 8 to Tp 20. (JH)
- The Nashville locals (8554-8556) Moved from E*5 Tp 25 to Tp 12. (JH)
- Pittsburgh locals (8134-8136) moved from E*5 Tp 29 to Tp 18. (JH)
- The Burlington locals (8935-8938,8941) moved from E*5 Tp 25 at 110° to E*7
Tp 1 spot 13 (North-east). (JH)
- 3 minute PPV guide channels (103,139, 450, 500) and channels 111,
119, 121, 151, 175, 459, 633 and 988 on E*5 Tp 12 moved
to Tp 25. (JH)
- Some Tulsa locals now uplinked to 148° transponder 2 (8927-8929).
Remaining Tucson locals added as (9) rumored to the appropriate channel
numbers (8920-8926). Channels scheduled to be available 7/31/02 (PM)
- Tucson locals now uplinked to 110° tranponder 8 (8950-8959). Channels
scheduled to be available 7/31/02 (PM)
- Channel 224 moved from transponder 1 to transponder 19 at 110° (Jeff F.)
- Channel 457 moved from transponder 1 to transponder 3 at 110° (Jeff F.)
- Changed the name of channel 501 from the very old "3 Minute Sports and Event
Guide" to "PPV Event Pre-Order" and added in the notes area that the video is the
same as channels 101 & 490 (Remote Control Help) (Jeff F.)
- WPEC West Palm Beach (8861) moved from transponder 3s15 to transponder
- KMCI Kansas City (8437) moved from transponder 3s8 to transponder 1s8 (JH/PM)
- Two new channels added to the Burlington locals block (8935-8943) at
61.5°. One is a surprise: a second NBC channel. (JH/PM)
- Kansas City Locals moved from transponder 24 (8430-8433) and 14
(8434-8436) at 110° to spot beam 8 transponder 1 at 119° yesterday. (Mark
- Indianapolis locals (8450-8453, 8455 & 8456) moved from transponder 18 at
110° to spot beam 11 transponder 7 (presumably...awaiting confirmation)
- Boston locals 8770-8774 and 8776 have moved from transponder 25 at 110° to
transponder 1 spot beam 13 at 119° (JH)
- Portland locals 8670-8676 have moved from transponder 17 at 110° to
transponder 1 spot beam 3 at 119°. (JH)
- The space vacated by Boston locals at 110° has been filled by 5 "mystery"
channels (JH) The guess is that they are the upcoming Burlington channels
(8935-8941) --Guess confirmend. Burlington Vermont now uplinked to 110°
transponder 25 (PM)
- Guess confirmend. Burlington Vermont now uplinked to 110°
transponder 25 (PM)
- Channel 8660 no longer shows up on EPG (PM)
- Channel 8757 No longer shows up on EPG (PM)
- Radio France International (660) added to list at 148° This
channel is not yet uplinked, it is scheduled to become
available sometime around July 31. (PM)
- Channel 754 (Locals Info) which ran a loop advising subscribers that local
channels were now on the 8000 block is gone. (Jeff F)
- KICU (832) San Jose was not changed when San Francisco locals were moved
to the spot beam at 119°. Thanks to PM for catching this oversite.
- Add 8260 KXAM, 8385 KETH, 8623 KHCV and 8640 KFTL to the channels that
have gone AWOL from the hidden guide. (JH)
- 8083 WFTP is back on the list. (JH)
- Changed the EPG on National Geographic Channel (186) to the name given by
Dish NTGEO (Lord knows why it's not NGC)
- Changed the EPG name on the instant weather channel (9500) from WEATH to
the new name IWTHR
- Many, many channels removed from the DishPlayer hidden guide. Since
that was the only reason the channels were listed on this grid, they have been
removed. For archival purposes here is the list of channels removed from
the grid this morning: 127 Ovation, 136 Trio, 197 Goodlife, 211 Newsworld
International, 216 Alaska Sub information, 250 253 Dish Info, 476 477 PPV
Sports, 546 Soccer Channel, 800 Dish Info, 818 WKBD, 916 Schoolhouse Network,
8024 KTBN, 8060 KJTP, 8083 WFTP, 8111 WEDW, 8117 WFME, 8118 WTBY, 8141 WGPT,
8238 KFWU, 8239 KFTY, 8311 KHSG, 8330 KFPH, 8331 KAZT, 8336 KPAZ, 8414 KTAQ,
8416 KITX, 8440 KMOS, 8461 WIPB, 8462 WTIU, 8463 WCLJ, 8477 KTRG, 8480 KHCE,
8497 WCIU, 8504 WWTO, 8522 WDLI, 8523 WGGN, 8543 KCSG, 8544 KJWY, 8561 WPGD,
8581 KWCM, 8582 WHWC, 8583 KAWE, 8625 KTBW, 8680 KNMT, 8779 WWDP, 8781 WENH,
8784 WMUR, 8797 KUSI, 8820 KTLL, 8821 KHFT, 8823 KRPV, 8824 KNAT, 8843 WHFT,
9001 "BYSHO", 9300 D-500, 9441, 9442 HDTV2, 9445 HDTV 5.
- Baltimore local channels (8730-8736) also no longer listed in the "Hidden"
Guide in the Dishplayer, but still listed on this grid.
- TV 5 (606) scheduled to be added to 148° today. Added listing to the
- Added Transponder info to the National Geographic Channel (186).
Service becomes available to AT150 subs 7/12/02
- Changed/Added web links on WLVT 39, WGTW 48, WTVE 51. (8150/8160 blocks)
- Removed AT70 column from chart. This package will be
disappearing 8/1. Alaska and Hawaii residents can now subscribe to AT100
- Added National Geographic Channel to grid on channel 186. It is reported to be
coming 7/12 (Starbuck)
- WYDN Boston is now available to all Boston Local channel Subscribers.
(Diamonds, John S.)
- Channels 8111 and 8781 changed from (1) to (8) since they do not seem to
be uplinked any longer. (JH)
- NYC Locals at 61.5 (8107, 8109, 8110, 8112-8116) moved from transponder 4
to 31 (JH)
- Discovery HD Theater (9420) satellite info added (JH)
- Channels 8281, 8502, 8520 and 8581-83 changed from (8) to (1) since they
now have space reserved on the satellite. The stations themselves do not
seem to be uplinked. Only placeholders exist at this time. (JH)
- Honolulu Locals available to all Hawaii subscribers as of 6/26/02.
Fox not available due to retransmission consent issues with Emmis
- Uplink info on WMUR (8784) removed. Station apparently no longer uplinked.
- Channel 501 was listed on wrong transponder. Updated. (PM)
- Added EEPG channel (36862). This is the channel the 501 and 701
currently look at to get the 9 day program guide. (PM)
- Oklahoma City locals in the 8990 channel block have been announced
for a scheduled launch on 7/2/02. Removed the (9) from the listings.
- KLDT Dallas channel 8412 now uplinked to transponder 8 at 148. (PM)
- The following channels moved from 119 to 110: (103/139/450/500 NOT 501),
457, 224, 507 and 517.(Jeff F.)
- Channel 222 now back at 119°. Channel 219 the HSN mirror that was at
119° while 222 was at 110 is gone. Channel 224 took its slot at 110
- Channel 402, the temporary channel assignment for the Golf channel now
- Transponder 1 at 119° cleared for spot beam use. Channels 169, 172,
213, 261, 270, 310. 332, 333, 414, 422, 428, 493, 634/940, 639/941, 948 and 949
moved off of TP 1 at 119° to various transponders at 119° (Mi jefe El Jefe.
¡Gracias!) (also thanks to JH and DDRio)
- KFTL (8640) no longer uplinked to 148° (PM)
- Channel 9621 added to list at 148° tp23
- Channel 9680 changed from tp 5 to 23 at 148°. changed note from 9 to
1 since the channel is definitely uplinked but not available to regular subs.
- Channels 9988 and 9989 at 148° footnote changed from 9 to 1 since they
have been confirmed uplinked to 148°.
- Channels 9504, 9660 and 9662 at 148° removed from grid since they no
longer seem to be uplinked.
- Changed the LIL advisiony (HERE) to include the 4900
receiver. As of today the software enabling locals on channels 2-69 is
being spooled (Version 175p)
- Numerous other housekeeping changes made. Many thanks to PM for his
- Added Dish channel numbers for Hawaii locals in the 8900-8910 block.
Channels listed here at 8906-8908 are most likely misnumbered either by dish
or by the contributor to Lyngsat. Everywhere else in the country xxx6 is
for PBS, xxx8 is Univision, xxx9 is Telemundo. Secondary Spanish usually
follow (TV Azteca/Telefutura if available) then secondary PBS then additional
ethnic channels. In all cases across the country if a DMA doesn't have
one of the networks up to xxx9 the channel slot remains empty. Hawaii
may be an exception, but only time will tell.
- Two Hawaii channels not previously announced are uplinked: KIKU
(8907)and KWHE (8908)
- Changed the Oklahoma City Locals (8990 block) "scheduled launch 6/19 (9)"
to just a plain 9 RUMOR. The source still maintains that HIS sources say
- West Palm Beach locals minus CBS are now available on the 8860 channel
- FaithTV is now available on the Sky Angel package on channel 9708 (JH).
- KCHV channel 8623 no longer uplinked to 148° It was never available
to regular subscribers. (JH)
- Added channel 9994 (Spec4). It is reported uplinked to 148° (PM)
- Removed channel 565 from EPG at 148. (PM)
- Removed BTV listing at 148° (678). (PM)
- Changed Transponder on channel 998 at 148° from 13 to 15 (PM)
- Removed the (9) from the Discovery HD. It is currently on channel 9443
from 6pm-6am. And 24/7 in free preview requiring 8PSK adaptor from
- Added footnote 6* concerning the rumor about Discovery HD Theater (9443
- Though no direct confirmation from Dish Network or
Discovery, the widely distributed rumor about Discovery HD (below) states that
when Discovery HD moves to its own channel on 7/1/02 it will be in the 8PSK
format rather than QSPK. Made the appropriate change.
the LIL channel numbering advisory (here) to include the
software number required (P170) for this feature. (JH)
- Added marquee mirroring the most recent changes to the list.
- Rumor: Discovery HD Theater will be added to channel 9443 (HDTV3 demo
channel) from 6pm-6am 6/17-7/1/02 for testing. It will then move to its
own channel at 9420 on a 24/7 basis as a premium channel for $7.99 a month.
It will be broadcast in the 8PSK format on channel 9420. An adaptor will be needed to
see this channel, however the adaptor will be provided free with a one year
subscription at $96. Source of rumor: HDTV Magazine
- WKCF WB Orlando was NOT added to Dish Network yesterday. The report
was for DirecTV and not Dish. Sorry for the confusion.
- WKCF WB channel added in Orlando (8274) locals package.
- Added LIL note advising that the the LIL channels will only be listed in
the 8000 and the 700-800 channel blocks even though some receivers now display
the local channels on their respective OTA channel assignments.
- Added SAP Links to WAGA, WGCL
and WGTC locals. Details at the SAP
Page. (Neil G)
- Added Transponder 25 to Faith TV (9708) (JH)
- Satellite info removed from channel 253. Channel still listed in the
- Added Hawaii locals scheduled to be launched 6/26/02
- The EPG at 119 is no longer at "channel" 36861. The SID is not known at the moment. (JH)
- Busch Satellite Network (917) is now on transponder 7 instead of 23 at 148° (JH)
- The 9500 range of channels are no longer mirrored at 148. (JH)
- Channel 207 (Bloomberg at 61.5°) now no longer uplinked. (Paul M.)
- Channel 411 which was planned for the YES Network and filled in with Sports Event PPV mirror is now gone. (Paul M.)
- Channel 9950, 9955 gone from grid (Paul M)
- Added (9) the the 8890 block. Should have been this way to begin with. Tonight on the CC they may be announced. (Paul M.)
- Changed channel 8182 from transponer 5s14 to 7s14 (Paul M.)
- Channels 819, 826 and 828 (which are mirrored on the 8000 block) were listed on the wrong transponder. (Paul M.)
- Dish renamed the misnamed channel Value TV at 223 to its actual channel name "Vision TV".
- Dish renamed the EPG of HSN2 and Golf2 to HSN and GOLF. These are the temporary channel assignments to Home Shopping Network and Golf Channel (219 and 402) as they move from the 119° satellites to 110°. (Jeff F)
- Looks like Oklahoma City locals are coming to Dish soon (possibly 6/19) to the 8890 channel block. (Ogre)
D-Day + 58 Years
- CBS West Palm Beach (8861) is now uplinked on E*7. More than likely it will be coming 6/19/02 (JH)
- WCFG CTN/FamilyNet (8867) is now uplinnked on E&star7. More than likely it will be coming 6/19/02 (JH)
- Added notes showing that channel 221, 223, 225 and 227 are mirrors of 96xx block channels (JH)
Thanks to Jeff F for most of this info.
- Added WWDP Boston Telemundo to channel list (8779). DirecTV has been forced to carry it and Dish may also have to follow suit. Added the listing as a (9) for the lack of a beeter classification.
- New channel added to 223. Listed as Value Television, it is right now really "The Vision Channel". This channel seems to be totally in the wrong place since it is a family entertainment channel complete with movies and classic TV series and advertiser supported.
- Update...at 8:30pm there was a "switch" and right now there is paid programming when the Vision channel is scheduled to have music TV. The folks at E* may have oobooed and put up the wrong feed. I'll keep my eye on this.
- Update...Okay...channel 223 is indeed "The Vision Channel". Looks like it has gone the way of "America's Voice". It's program schedule now contains lots of paid programs. Though they still had entertainment programming today.
- Channel 222 (HSN) changed satellites from 119 to 110. Channel 219 is labeled as HSN2 but is the same as channel 222 in its old satellite slot. 219 is a temporary transitional channel.
- Channel 401 (Golf) changed satellites from 119 to 110. Channel 402 is labeled as Golf2 but is the same channel as 401 in its old satellite slot. 402 is a temporary transitional channel.
- Channel 217 (Gem Shopping Net) has moved to channel 229 though at this moment it is still labeled as iShop. iShop was suposed to move to channel 221 according to a crawl on the channel itself over the last few days however...
- Channel 223 (Men's Channel) has moved to channel 221. The Direct Shopping Network is now on 221 and not 229. So this explains the messages.
- Channel 690 (iShop at 148 and 61.5) is also showing GEM shopping channel now.
- Channel 229 (iShop) is moving to channel 221 on late 6/5 (Jeff F.)
- Changed KAZT TV (8331) web link to "new" page.
- Added note to channels 217 and 229. GEM Shopping Network is moving to channel 229 beginning 6/5. No word on iShop Channel's fate.
- Changed note on Faith TV (9708) from "coming in June" to "coming June 19." This is to be a general entertainemnt family channel for Sky Angel subs.
- By suggestion, added footnote (3) again. This time it deals with TV Japan's (640) free program schedule.
- Salt Lake City channels 8540-8542 have moved from tp 2 at 148 to tp 9 spot 7 at 119°.(JH, Bryan)
- Salt Lake City channels 8543 and 8544 seem to be in testing (no video or audio) at 148 transponder 2 now. (JH, Bryan)
- Changed the note on channel 8355 from "Disputed" to "E* REFUSES to carry this channel". This channel is carried by EVERY multi-channel provider in Cincinnati EXCEPT Dish. Added footnote 13. Sorry folks...since DirecTV added this channel to their line-up, I'm on a crusade to get Dish to get it!
- Channel 251 (A mirror of channel 101) is gone from the EPG. Removed from grid. (Jeff F.)
- Corrected error in NYC nets and PBS affiliate. They should have been listed at Tp 20 instead of 3. This was brought to my attention a week ago, but slipped my mind. (Brian W.)
- KMCI Kansas City DMA (8437) moved from 148° to 119°...will fill in TP info as soon as info is available.---6/1 Confirmed TP3. Thanks everyone.
- West Palm Beach locals (8860 channel block) will be added 6/19 without CBS. They will be free to WPB customers until CBS is added as soon as possible. Announced on the Retailer Charlie Chat today.
- WTLJ Grand Rapids/Muskegon (8720) moved from transponder 22 at 61.5° to transponder 7 spot 11 at 119° (Shawn)
- TV Polonia (Channel 608) finally removed from the EPG by Dish. Removed footnote 13 since it only dealt with TV Polonia.
- CNNSI (channel 148) was also finally removed from the EPG by Dish. (Jeff F)
- WTVI and WNSC (8656 and 8661) in the Charlotte DMA have moved from transponder 2 at 61.5° to Transponder 5 spot 14 at 119°
- Sports Alternate 4 returns to channel 449 this time on Transponder 23 at 110° (Jeff F.)
- The following channels are reported to be moving to 110° by June 19 to make room on transponder 1 so (after some shuffling of channels) it can be used as a spot beam channel: 101, 103 (139, 450, 500, 501), 222, 224, 226, 227 (9601), 401 (a couple of week transition on this one), 457 , 507 and 517
- Just noticed that WCVN Covington (8360) is now part of the Cincinnati Locals package from 61.5°.
- West Palm Beach locals added to the 8860 grid. All nets except the CBS affiliate have been confirmed uplinked to Tranponder 3 spot 15. The CBS affiliate is AWOL right now. Info will be added as it becomes available. (JH)
- Removed footnote 12 from channel 180 (ABCFM). Should have been done some time ago when Footnote 12 dealt with the ongoing battle between Dish and ABC/Disney, but missed it until pointed out by an e-mail. (Larry R.)
- Made a correction on the Grand Rapids locals. It is WLLA that is coming soon not WTJL as was previously listed (Ogre)
- WOTV Battle Creek (Grand Rapids DMA) moved from the expected E*3 at 61.5° to E*7 at 119°. (JH, Shawn)
- Removed the Free Preview channels (265-299) from grid
- Grand Rapids locals are up and available to local GR DMA subscribers. Removed the (3) and (1) footnotes on the listings
- Deleted the (3) footnote from the page since it only applied to the "big 4" in the GR area.
- Transponder 1 at 119° has not been coming from E*7. It is speculated to be coming from E*4. (JH)
- KVCR now available in the LA locals package (Jim D.)
- Added the three remaining G.R. Locals that will be added this week to channel 8717, 8720 and 8721. (JH, Bryan)
- Changed footnote 3 to include expected launch date.
- Channel 825 no longer uplinked to E*3 (JH)
- WWAC now available in the Philly locals package. (Ogre and other e-mail contributors. Thanks!)
- KHIZ now available in the LA locals package. (Jim D.)
- Removed the following channels no longer uplinked: 9660 and 9505-9512 (Paul M)
- The following channels changed from footnote (1) to footnote (8) since they are still listed on the "Hidden guide" but do not appear to be uplinked at this time: 546, 8083, 8461, 8462, 8502, 8523 and from (8) to (1) for channel 259.(Paul M)
- Channel 988 was mistakenly labeled "DISH4" instead of "DISH6". (Paul M)
- Channel 411 rumored to be the fabeled YES network, is listted as PPV on the uplink right now. Still not available to subscribers. Removed all "Yes" references from the listing but added satellite and transponder info (Paul M and JH)
- Added channel 9955 to list called "Spot". No info as to it's content. It is most certainly a Dish test/info channel. (Paul M.)
- Channels 172 and 333 moved from transponder 12 to transponder 1. (DDRio)
- Bloomberg at 61.5° on channel 207 is still being uplinked...added back to grid with proper footnote. (Paul M.)
- Changed 8280 from WOFT to the correct name WOTF (Paul M.)
- Thanks to Bryan at DBSTalk for organizing all the spot beam info transcribed here:
- Moved from Tp 17 at 110° to Tp 3 spot 3 (Northwest) (3s3) at 119° Seattle locals 8610-8617
- Added Spot info for LA channel 8005-8008
- Moved from Tp 27 at 110° to Tp 3 spot 5 (Southern Calif.) (5s5) at 119° San Diego Locals 8790-8793
- Moved from Tp 14 at 110° to Tp 3 spot 5 (Southern Calif.) (5s5) at 119° San Diego Locals 8794 and 8796
- Moved from Tp 5 at 110° to Tp 3 spot 15 (South Florida) (5s15) at 119° Miami Locals 8834-8839
- Moved from Tp 9 at 119° to Tp 5 spot 14 (Carolinas) (5s14) at 119° Greenville/Asheville Locals 8180-8182
- Moved from Tp 8 at 110° to Tp 5 spot 10 (East Texas) (5s10) at 119° Houston Locals 8370-8376
- Moved from Tp 9 at 119° to Tp 7 spot 14 (Carolinas) (7s14) at 119° Greenville/Asheville Locals 8183-8185
- Moved from Tp 6 at 110° to Tp 7 spot 4 (Northern Calif.) (7s4) at 119° San Francisco Locals 8220-8227
- Moved from Tp 2 at 110° to Tp 7 spot 11 (Great Lakes) (7s11) at 119° Chicago Locals 8494-8496
- Moved from Tp 11 at 110° to Tp 9 spot 12 (Gulf Coast) (9s12) at 119° Birmingham Locals 8050-8086
- Moved from Tp 29 at 110° to Tp 9 spot 7 (Utah) (9s7) at 119° Salt Lake City Locals 8530-9537
- NEW CHANNEL IN GRAND RAPIDS! Channel 9716 added to tp 5s11. Still not available to subscribers. Changed (8) to (1) on other GR locals since they are now uplinked.
- Added listings for the AT150 free preview.
- Removed Sky Angel channel 9708 (Health and Healing Channel) It no longer shows up on the EPG.
- Channel 169 (Niggin) moved from TP 6 to TP 1 (Jeff F)
- Radio Polskie no longer there. Removed from grid(Paul M)
- Transponder 7 at 119° has gone to Spotbeam mode. Changed transponder info on TP 7 channels to include their "spots".
- Channel 9611 moved from TP 21 to tp 3 (Paul M)
- Added channel 8792's OTA/Cable channel designaltion "NBC 7/39" (Paul M)
- Several Philly locals are now reported to have
SAP soundtracks on the Alternate sound track. Channels affected 870/8150, 884/8152, 891/8153 and 8156 (Michael)
- St. Louis ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox have moved to transponder 5 spot beam 11 (Anon., Bryan)
- It seems all transponders at 119° are now eminating from E*7. This is still conjecture, but judging from the signal strength reports I've received from fringe areas and Charlie Ergen's comments during today's Q1 confenense call, I've made the change to the grid. Thanks to all who sent in e-QSLs.
- TV Polonia and both Radio Polskie no longer available on Dish Network. Currently channel being used to advise subscribers that this channels is no longer available. Updated footnote 13
- Channels 8554-56 moved from transponder10 to 25 at 110° (Paul M)
- Channels 8474-76 moved from transponder 25 to 27 at 110° (Paul M)
- Business TV channel 9621 no longer appears on the EPG at 148°. Repoved from list (Jeff F.)
- Channel 609 (TVN 24 Polish Language News Channel) is now available as a free preview at 61.5° (Ogre) and148° (Jeff F.)
- Transponder 5 at 119 is now a spot beam satellite. Added Spot info to stations known to be on a spot beam. (Transponder# "s" Spot Number.)
- Channel 306 (LOOK), an anti-pirate channel, was removed from the list. It no longer appears on DVB scans.
- Corrected spelling error on KTLN. It's from Novato and not Movato.
- Added channel 9950. This is a "redirect" channel. It will never appear at channel 9950 on a standard subscriber's receiver. However it will appear on the "missing" local channels on any Local into Local package. The channels just has a slate "You must have a second dish to view this channel. Dish Network will provide the dish free of any charge. Call 1-800-333-DISH". (Paul M)
- KNTV (8222) was listed as a San Francisco station. It is licensed to San Jose. (Jim T)
- Added satellite info to channel 8360 WCVN. (Paul M)
- Changed transponder number on channel 917 at 61.5° from 5 to 14 (Paul M.)
- Added channel 609 (TVN-24). This is a new Polish Channel that is in "testing" at 61.5° for sure and possibly at 148. It will likely replace TV Polonia if Dish cannot reneu the contract.
- Added SAP notice and link to ABC-W. Channel 246 has some programs with DVS soundtrack in the "Spanish" altarnate audio track.
- Channel 825 at 61.5 is actually on transponder 15 and not 16 as reported earlier. Dish receivers do not show most odd numbered TPs at 61.5° in the standard signal test screen. (JH)
- Pretty much determined that Echostar 4 is dark now. The undetermined transponder numbers now marked as E*6/7.
- The following transponders may have changed from one satellite to another at 119°: (all times Eastern Daylight Time)
- Transponder 2 at about 4:05 am.(off line from about 4:05-4:06)
- Transponder 6 at about 4:10 am (off line from about 4:08-4:12)
- Transponder 10 at about 4:20 am (off line from 4:18-4:25)
- Transponder 12 at about 4:30 am (off line from 4:30-4:31 & 4:32-4:34)
- Transponder 14 at about 4:35am (off line from 4:35-4:36)
- Transponder 18 at about 4:42 am (off line from 4:41-4:43 & 4:46-4:47 & 4:49-4:50)
- Transponder 20 at about 4:52 am (off line from 4:51-4:53 & 4:54-4:55
- Transponder 11 at about 5:00 am (off line from 4:38-4:40 & 4:59-5:00 & 5:03-5:04)
- Transponder 17 at about 5:07 am (Off line from 5:06-5:09 & 5:10-5:11)
- Transponder 21 at about 5:12 am (Off line from 5:12-5:14 & 5 18-5:20)
- Transponder 9 at about 5:23 am (off line from 5:22-529) Moved from E*6 to E*7
- Unless noted satellite name designation was not changed on the grid.
- Channels 9501-9504 changed to "DEMO1-DEMO4" respectively. (Paul M.)
- PPV channel 514 was moved from TP17 to 21 on the 24th. It also moved from 119° to 110°. (DDRio)
- Made a notation on the recently restored listing at 825. The channel is listed in the EPG as a PPV channel however it is showing PBSxd programming as it did before. It is not visible on a standard receiver (Paul M)
- Channel 9591 added to list as another Open TV test channel not visible to standard receivers. (Paul M)
- Channels 106, 107, 108, 162, 184, 208, 209, 230, 239, 304, 426, 967, 968, 970, 973, 975 moved from transponder 1 @ E*4 to Transponder 13 presumably at E*7
- Channels 213, 261, 270, 310, 332, 422, 428, 493, 639(964), 948, 949 moved from tranponder 13 @ E*6 to tranponder 1 presumably at E*7
- Channels 232 (8004), 234 (8104), 235 (829/8204), 236 (8775), 238 (8105), 242 (8002), 244(8001), 245(8000), 248 (8003) on transponder 15 apparntly moved from E*4 to E*6
- Transponders 17 and 19 may have changed satellites, but I have not seen a significant signal change to determine the satellite yet.
- Channel 825 at 61.5° added again. According to scans by Paul M. there is a PPV type channel there now. Not visible on my subscribed system so it's in red for now.
- The concensus is that Transponder frequencies 4 and 16 are now eminating from Echostar 7 instead of Echostar 4. Changed lisings accordingly.
- Channels 122, 130, 138, 140, 166, 178, 182, 249, 305, 318, 920m 922, 924, 950, 951, 952, 963, 969 moved from transponder 7 to transponder 8 at 119 this morning. (Confirmed Jeff F.) Presumably this is now on Echostar 7 but unconfirmed.
- Channels 8320(717), 8321(742), 8322(767), 8323(792), 8750(840), 8751(843), 8752(846), 8753(849), 8754, 8755, 8756(8362/8190) moved from tranponder 8 on E*6 to transponder 7 on E*7. TP slated to be a spot but still national at this point.
- Disney east moved from transpond 20 to 12 at 119. (Jeff F.)
- PPV 504 moved from tp 12 @ 119 to tp 21 @ 110 (Jeff F.)
- PPV 509 moved from tp 20 to 17 @ 119 E*6
- PPV 517 moved from tp 20 to 12 @ 119 E*6
- PPV 514 moved from tp 17 to 21 @ 119 E*6
- Mirrors of channels 490 and 493 popped up at 148. Added them to grid. These channels do not show at 61.5°. (Jeff F) A guess is that these channels would otherwise not be viewable in AK and HI. Also (still guessing), Dominion religious DBS company at 61.5° would have a small cow if these channels came on that location.
- Added web link to channels 492 and 493 Hot Zone (Jeff F.)
- Maharishi Open University (channel 9645) has disappeared! (Paul M.)
- Removed note on KRON stating that Dish showed the channel on 8238. KRON has been on 8240 since the first week in January, but the Dish Network web page had it at 8238 until recently.
- Echostar 7 is due to go online today. Some Satellite info on 119° based channels may take some time to gather. Updates will ba made as info can be sorted and verified.
- Changed the note on channel 100. This upgrade is still spooling and only some people have receive the upgrade. (Paul M.)
- Added a new footnote 12 dealing with the Open TV Portal channel 100.
- Changed the web link to channel 9708 (Health and Healing Channel) (John H)
- Another transponder swap happened probably Wendesday. Thanks to John H for the verification...channels 8005-8008, 8100-8103, 8106 8594 and 8596 (and their mirrors in the 200/800 blocks) moved from transponder 8 to transponder 3
- Channels 8190, 8320-8323, 8662 and 8750-8756 moved from transponder 3 to transponder 8
- Christian Television Network was added to Sky Angel's line-up on channel 9714 on 4/15/02.
- ESPN Classic has made its return. As of about 5pm today.
- Removed footnote 12 and placed it below to keep in the "changes" archive.
- (12) Dish Network has announced the intention to discontinue this channel come 1/1/02. This is a dispute with the owner of the channel and comes down to Charlie sayng to the owners, "I'm not going to pay too much for this muffler!" Negotiations are ongoing. UPDATE 12/31/01 Disney has won a TEMPORARY restraining order restricting Echostar from Dropping ABC Family as they planned until the courts have had a chance to review the case. UPDATE 1/1/02 3:40am EST Dish Network has
removed ESPN Classic. So far the ABC Family is still up. Update 1/9/02 9:30am EST The court date to decide the fate of ABC Family has been pushed back to 1/17/02 The TRO keeping ABC family on Dish has been extended as well. Update 1/16/02 Dish has asked for a continuance in the court case. The channel will remain on the line-up until at least 3/11/02. Update 3/12/02 Another
delay in the trial date means that the TRO keeping ABC Family on Dish has been extended to 3/18/02. Update 3/18/02 Yet another two week continuance has been granted via mutual consent. New trial date set for (get this) April 1st. Update 4/1/02 SURPRISE! Another continuance in this everpresent story! New trial date set for 4/8/02. Negociations must be hot and heavy! FINAL
UPDATE 4/5/02 Dish Netork and Disney have kissed and made up. ESPN Classic will return to the line-up some time in April as part of AT100 and higher. ABC Family will remain on the line-up as it is now. See the AP News Story
- Added listing for FaithTV on Sky Angel at 9708. It will apparantly be replacing the recent Benny Hinn offering the Health and Healing Channel.
- Don't know when it happened, but Sonshine (not a misspelling) Kids Radio's name was changed to His Kids Radio. Same web page and EPG
- Channel 240 (Info 7) which was on transponder 11 has gone AWOL from the EPG. Confirmend no longer uplinked by John H. This happened several days ago. Just caught it.
- Channel 8109 (Telemundo NYC) is now available to NYC locals subcribers. (Karl L.)
- Channel 8236 (KTLN Religious in SF DMA) is now available to SF locals Subs.
- KUSK changed call letters to KAZT on the first of the month and is now an Independent not A1/AIN affiliate
- Channel 9499 (Open TV features info) which used to be on transponder 11 is gone. Removed from grid. (DDRio)
- Channel 447 and 9412 are have moved from transponder 20 to 11 (DDRio)
- Verified the transponder info on all the audio channels. Only channel 932 was changed from transponder 2 to tranponder 20. (John H)
- ESPN Classic is now verified on transponder 6 on channel 143. (John H.)
- ABC Family on channel 180 is now officially recognized by Dish. The EPG has changed from FAM to ABCFM (Greg B)
- The 3800 and 3900 receivers are now getting the upgrade for the "Dish Home" Open TV channel. Changed the Note on channel 100 to replect this.
- Charlie announced that ESPN Classic (143) will be restored to AT100 on 4/17. Updated the note.
- TV Polonia may be removed from line-up if they do not renew their contract. Created footnote13, added a backround color and footnote 13 reference to listing.
- Unconfirmed transponder report on the returning ESPN Classic which should be returning mid month. Transponder 6 at 119° added to channel 143. (Rick)
- Changed color of channel number 8701 to black which was inadvertently left "red" after yesterday's changes. (Ogre)
- CNN SI will be ceasing operations 5/15/02 according to this A.P. story. Marked channel background red and added note with a link.
- NYC Locals 8110 and 8115 are available to all NYC subs. at 61.5° (Karl L)
- Tampa Locals 8697, 8700, 8701, 8702 are available to all Tampa subs at 61.5°
- Discovery Science is now "The Science Channel". Channel name and EPG changed to reflect this. Web link is stll the same.
- Corrected Satellite info on Showroom channels on 998 and added channel 988 again. These channels are only available to retailers. (SHFC)
- Added "SAP" and link to Alternat audio page to all the channels I've found with the Second Audio Program on Dish.
- Bloomberg at 61.5° (207) was removed on 4/3. Bloomberg on 203 is still at 110 eventhough there was banner on channel 207 saying of Bloomberg moving to channel 203 at 119° on 4/3.
- PBS at 61.5° was removed from the line-up on 4/3.
- Disney and Dish have kissed and made up. ESPN Classic will return soon. ABC Family will remain on the current lineup. Changed grid to reflect this development.
Cincinnati Reds Opening Day!/April Fools Day 2002 (Conicidence? You decide! :-)
This will teach me to be away from my computer all weekend! Thanks to all for the e-mails!
- Added "The N" and web link to the new "channel". In reality just like Nickelodeon and Nick at Night, The N is Noggin's evening and overnight programming. (Keith S.)
- Corrected my error from 3/26/02. KICU is indeed being simulcast on channel 832 and 8227. Re-inserted the 832 listing (John L., Paul M.--All I need is a George N and a Ringo O to complete the set! Thanks guys)
- Bloomberg on channel 207 will cease to exist. Bloomberg on channel 203 will be moving from 110 to 119 on 4/3. Added pretty colors and notes to channels. (Ogre, Paul M)
- Channel 998 returns to the grid. Any retailers please confirm it is visible to you. It is not visible to mere mortal receivers :-) (Paul M.)
- Removed channel 567 from the list. It never had anything on it if it even ever really existed. No longer there.
- Signal, Agcast and Data Link data services no longer show up on scans. They haven't for some time now that I check the logs of previous contributions. However this is the first time it has been specifically pointed out. Sorry I missed it before all. (Paul M.)
- Many of the "Audio Channels" changed transponders. Channels 923, 926, 927, 930, 931, 933, 935, 936, 937 and 939. Will some one who can check the Dish Latino and Muzak only audio channels please let me know if they moved as well. (Jeff F.)
- Added another update to the "ABC Family" saga. Footnote 12
- Changed note on YES currently listed on channel 411. The negociations have broken down and Dish is now saying theat the channel will not be available. There is not even a glimmer of hope in the news stories about this impasse.
- Channel 825 PBS is being removed from 61.5 on 4/3/02. It was never really on 148 so that listing was removed.
- Added transponder info to the "new" PPV channels at 148. (Jeff F.)
- Removed PPV channel 535 from 61.5° since it no longer appears on the EPG.
- Updated even more web links thanks to Keith S. for sending in the updates. Channels affected: 179, 192, 193, 194, 195, 208, 241, 242, 8000, 8100 and 9402 (Keith S.)
- Fixed broken links, updated others and changed some links that redirected to new web addresses. Thanks to Jeff F for doing all the clicking and checking! Channels affected:
- Formerly Broken Links: 109, 130, 139, 158, 450-477, 490, 494, 496, 497, 501, 537, 538, 602, 622, 624
- Changed links for a better fit to the channel: 106, 140, 142, 143, 144, 167, 9401
- Changed links since old ones were redirecting to new address: 116, 138, 168, 181, 189, 224
- Added PPV channels 533, 536, 537, 538 to 148° (Jeff F.)
- The calm before the E*7 storm... Thought I'd take the time to update the address broker form so it works again.
- Removed KICU from the 800 block since it is obvious that it will never go there.
- Another transponder swap this time on 110°. Tranponders 21 and 3 swapped channels. 3 to 21 channels: 203, 229, 329, 464, 624 and 9900. From 3 to 21 channels 100 (Open TV portal), 217, 510, 511, 516, 521, 523, 524 and 525. (Jeff F)
- The EPG "channel" also swapped from transponder 1 to transponder 19 on 119° and transponder 21 to 3 at 110°. Also The EPG is now on Transponder 29 at 61.5°
- Corrected oversite on changes made on 3/15 (Jeff F.)
- Fixed a major error on the Philly listings. Inadverantly WWAC was listed as becoming available on the 12th. In reality it was the Telemundo affiliate WWSI that became available to subscribers. Sorry for the misinformation.
- Added the "EPG" channel kicking and screaming. :-) I guess it is a "real" channel. The programming is the "guide". (JH, DDRio, Peter S. and a bunch of others that asked why it wasn't listed--And no I'm not going to list the DNL and SSD 5 digit channel numbers. :-)
- Fixed another silly error caught by JH. Thanks.
- All the channels on Transponder 19 and Transponder 1 at 119 swapped positions. Used to be on TP1 and now on TP 19: A&E, History, Fx, Disney West, CNN, HBO West, Showtime Too, and audio channels Fiesta Mexicana, Latin Styles, Adult Fav., New Age, Blues and Reggae. And going the other way (TP19 to TP 1): TV Land, Comedy Central, Lifetime, VH1, Animal Planet, CNBC, MSNBC, TBS, WGN Sat(239), HBO, HBO2 West, Fox Sports Northwest and audio channels Jazz Traditions, Contemp. Jazz Flavors, Jazz Traditions,
Contemp. Inst., Easy Inst. and Contemp. Christian. (DDRio)
- Updated Footnote 12. Another continuance in the ongoing court case between Disney and E* has been granted by mutual agreement.
- The following is unconfirmed--consider this a RUMOR from a normally reliable source (not a CSR)...but it is still a RUMOR YES and Dish have mostly come to terms on carriage of the new TV channel. The last remaining issue is minimum package. It will only be available as part of a large package at YES's request and will NOT be available outside the NYC area or in the OOM Sports package just like Turner South. It is listed on channel 411, but that may not be the final channel number chosen.
- The Saga between ABC Family/Disney and Echostar continues. The trial date (scheduled for yesterday) was postponed once again and the TRO extended until 3/18/02. Changed the footnote to reflect this development.
- Removed reference to Fox Sports on the same footnote since that is old news that was settled 1/10/02 with NewsCorp.
- WWAC (Telemundo Philladelphia) shows as available to Philly local subcribers on the Dish Network Website as of 11am.
- Updated footnote 3. Grand Rapids locals just keep getting pushed back further and further.
- Antenna on channel 604 has finally been removed from 119°.
- Footnote 2¹ has been removed
- Footnotes 2 and 2² have been merged since RAI (600) is the only channel remaining affected by this.
- "The Dream Network" (9714) on Sky Angel has been dropped. (JH)
- HBO Plus (which was HBO2) has chaged back to HBO2. Changed EPG and listings on channels 302 and 304.
- Cannel 100 is now available to 4900 receivers. Made a change on the "notes" section of channel 100
- Telemundo Internacional is now officially gone form the EPG (Jeff F.)
- Channel 754 was listed in the wrong spot on the list. Thanks Jeff for pointing this out. (Jeff F.)
- KMOL (753) was mislabeled as an ABC affiliate. Corrected this to NBC. (Jeff F.)
- E*3 at 61.5 has a total channel swap between tranponder 2 and tp 5 (JH)
- TP2 to TP5 channels: 917, 9621, 9622, 9641, 9645, 9650, 9651, 9981, 9982, 9991, 9992 and 9993.
- TP5 to TP2 channels: 8186, 8191, 8192, 8656, 8660, 8661, 8777, 8778, 8780, 8781, 8782, 8783 and 8784
- PPV Sports channel 536 at 61.5 came back. PPV Movie channel 534 at 61.5 went away. Transponder 23 jusd did a switcharoony.
- WFUO channel 43 Orlando(8280) changed call letters to WOFT on the 11th of Feb.
- PPV channel 525 is no longer a "Last Chance" channels (LASTC). It is now a regular PPV channel again.
- Added transponder information to "Dish Home" channel 100 (Keith K)
- Changed web link on channel 150 from www.speedvision.com to www.speedtv.com.
- Added "Last updated" line at the top of the page by request.
- The Showtime free preview channels for selected subscribers (154, 258 and 9001) have been converted to locals info channels (154 & 298) or a test card (9001). The channels are still not visible to regular subscribers, though they are now MPEG-2 FTA (JH)
- Correction on transponder number for channels 8009-8019 from transponder 19 to tp 21. (Peter S.)(JH)
- Telemundo Internacional is no longer available. Slate on channel 626 says "No Disponible. Sintonice canal 633." (Not available. Tune to channel 633) (JH)
- WWSI channel 8192 now uplinked to Telstar 7. Still not available to subscribers. (JH)
- CNN en Español has been added to Dish Latino on channel 633 from 110°. Latino Pop that was on channel 633 has been moved to channel 639.(JH)
- Speedvision has officially changed their name to "The Speed Channel". Channel 150.
- Added transponder info for channels 9416-9418. "For the first time in its history, EchoStar 1 is delivering programming from all 16 Tps" (JH)
- Polsat (607) is no longer in free preview mode. This channel is $14.95 a la carte or $10 when purchased with TV Plolonia (Polish Pack) (Larry R.)
- Channel 100 (DISH Home) Open TV portal was announced on Tech Forum at 9:15pm EST to be Coming by the end of Feb for 4900 and upgraded 4700 receivers, April for 3900 and upgraded 3800 receivers , and July for the 301 & 501 receivers. THESE ARE >>>>ESTIMATED TIME FRAMES. The customer support function will be free and coming a little later. The other functions are going to be $4.99 a month. (Go ahead and laugh...I did!)
- Channels 9416, 9417 and 9418 are now aparantly available at 148° (Larry R.)
- WMGM Atlatic City (Philly DMA) is now being upliked (At least a test pattern anyway.) Changed the footnote from (8) to (1) (Peter S.)
- KHCV (8623) is reported ar uplinked to TP2 at 148 (JH)
- KPPX listed in the hidded dishplayer guide on channel 8330 is listed on several on line guides as KFPH Telefutura. The channel number patterns for other cities show Telefutura is normally on channel 8xx0+10. Thanks to M Sparks from DBSForums for bringing this to my attention last month. Yesterday was the first time that I found a listing confirming M Sparks' suspissions.
- Channel 100 (Open TV portal) doesn't exist yet. It will be coming sometime this year according to this press release. Turned channel 100 red (Not available) and added "Coming Soon" (Steven S.)
- WMBC is reported as testing on channel 8117 even though all listings still show it at 8115. Added note to WMBC at 8115 until other guides show a switch.(Keith K.)
- Barker channels 988, 989 and 998 have disappeared. Removed them from grid. (Steve)
- Added web links for networks listed on locals
- Added note to WCLF, WHKY and added new listing KCFG. The FCC has mandated that Dish carry these channels within 75 days of the time they can provide a "good quality" signal to their respective local POPs. (JH)
- All channels on Transponder 31 at 61.5° have moved to transponder 5. These include all Boston, Charlotte and Greenville secondary channels. (JH)
- Updated web links on all Fox Sports channels. Fox Sports Net regional channels no longer have individual sites I could find.
- WEDW is reported as not being uplinked. Removed channel's Transponder info (Keith K.)
- KMOS & KFTY are reported as not being uplinked. Removed channel's Transponder info (Peter S.)
- KTAQ is no longer listed as available on the Dish Network Web page. It never was even uplinked. Removed transponder info. (Larry R.)
- Other channels no longer on the Dish Web site that were never available to subscribers WUVG & WATV Atlanta; WYDN & WMUR Boston; WEAO & WGGN Cleveland; KNWS Houston; KAWE Minneapolis/St. Paul; WNJU & WMBC New York; WPXS St. Louis; WFTT, WUSF, WCLF Tampa
- Removed footnote 13 since now all the channels showing on the Dish Web Page are actually available
- Channel 229 iShop has moved from Transponder 11 at 119° to transponder 3 at 110° (DDRio)
- Added footnote 13 to WNJU. Dish's website shows as available in the NYC package but it's not yet on. (Keith K.)
- Added footnote 13 to KNWS. Dish's website shows as available in the NYC package but it's not yet on.
- Channels reported as not being uplinked 8117, 8281, 8360, 8502, 8520, 8581, 8582, 8583. Removed transponder info. (Peter S.)
- Channels reported as being uplinked 8284, 8781. Added Transpoder info. (Peter S.)
- Changed transponder info on channel 565. (Peter S.)
- Dish updated their web site today. The following stations show as being avialable now: WATC & WUVG Atlanta, WYDN Worcester, MA & WMUR Manchester, NH (Boston DMA), WGGN Sandusky & WEAO Akron/Canton(Cleveland DMA), KTAQ Greenville (Dallas/Ft. Worth DMA), KAWE Bemidji (Minneapolis DMA), WNJU NYC & WMBC Newton, NJ (New York City DMA), WPXS St. Louis; WFTT, WCLF & WUSF Tampa; KDTV San Francisco
- Cannel 101 changed its EPG designation from INFO to HELP. (Jeff F)
- Added footnote 13 dealing with stations reported as available by Dish Network's web site but apparantly still not available.
- WFTY TeleFutura NYC is now definitely being uplinked to 61.5° (JH)
- Footnote 3 changed to reflect yet another delay in the Grand Rapids locals addition. Looks like the next target date is May 1.
- WAXN Charlotte (8657) has moved from 61.5° tp 31 to 119° tp 5. (Z75)
- Romance Classics formally changed its name on Dish and moved to channel 128 as a 24/7 service. IFC remained on channel 131. (Finally!) all on 119°
- Much Music is now awailable on channel 158 at 119°.
- Speedvision has moved from 110° to 119°
- Dallas PBS stations swapped locations to where they should have been in the first place. 8406 is now KERA-13 at 110°, and 8415 is KDTN-2 at 148° (Larry R)
- Transponder info added to HTV, Telemunto and FSW Español at 110° (TP 23) (JH)
- Channel 476 and 477 no longer uplinked to 110 tp 3 (JH)
- Much Music is now being uplinked and getting ready for it's launch on the 22nd on channel 158. TP 18 @ 119°. (JH)
- Tranponder changes to ESPN, ESPN2 and Disney West (140, 144 and 173) (DDRio
- Telemundo, HTV and Fox Sports World Español have moved from 119° to 110°. (DDRio)
- Some changes in station affiliation in LA and Phoenix
- Update added to footnote 12. ABC Family to remain on Dish until at least 3/11/02
- Holiday Music (channel 982) has disappeaed until next December again.
- Changed "coming in march" to "coming 1/22/02" on Speedvision and Much Music.
- Removed red backrounds on disputed channels. Changed colors to standard red letters on white backround.
- Channels 8186 and 8191 changed to TP 31 @ 61.5°. They were mistakenly shown on TP 9. (Keith)
- Channels 8308 TP 10 @ 61.5°. TP info removed from 8311. They were mistakenly shown on TP 5. (Keith)
- KSTR Dallas changed from Independent to TeleFutura today. (Larry)
- Added DLMax to program info for affected channels. (Keith)
- IFC and Womenn's Entertainment are going to be split at long last on 1/22/02. Women's Entertainment (Romance Classics) will be moving to channel 128. IFC will remain on channel 131. Package info unkrown yet.
- Removed footnote 13.
- KRON moved to the proper channel (8240) (JH)
- As of yesterday, KTEL Telemundo Albuquerque DMA is available to Abq. DMA LIL sibscribers. (MJS)
- WNJB New Jersey is now available as part of the NYC local package.
- Fixed WWAC's web link. (BrettR)
- KRON finally added to 148° for San Francisco DMA LIL subscribers.
- Fox RSN channels will remain on Dish. Changed Fox channels back to standard colors and altered footnote 12
- Houston had several channels officially move to the locals package.
- Updated most locals to reflect their true status.
- KICU San Francisco now part of S.F. locals
- Added transponder info to PolSat (607) at 148° (JH)
- Channel 100 returns as an OPEN TV portal. Requires Open TV capable receiver to see according to a press release issued today.
- PolSat2 now in freeview mode on channel 607 at 61.5° and 148°
- Much Music changed from red to green since it was announced today that it and Speedvision would be added to AT100 effective in March. Added AT100 and not to Speedvision.
- Added channel 754. Dish's "Local Information" channel telling everyone to go to the 8000 block. I say two-three weeks before the 700 and 800 blocks are removed.
- Changed prices of AT50, 100 and 150 to reflect the announced $1 price increase effective March 1.
- Lots of PPV channels removed. Channels 456, 458, 515, 518, 519 at 119° and 536 at 61.5° are all gone from the guide.
- Channel 500 moved to transponder 18 from tranponder 19. All "3 minute" channels are now the same "PPV guide".
- LA "officially" now gets nearly all the channels listed. The three remaining channels are not uplinked and only listed in the hidden guide. Do not expect these any time soon.
- Nashville had another channel added to the local package from the "coming soon" list.
- Miami also had another channel added to the local package from the "coming soon" list.
- Most LA Locals at 148° reported available to local subs. (Unconfirmed) (Posted in DBSForums)
- Nothing new on the locals front. Added web link to channel 607 PolSat 2. (JH)
- Added web link for WBPH (Michael T) Also added web link to Telemundo Internacional
- Contrary to earlier reports KRON is not available to LIL subs in San Fran. yet. Changed status to reflect this. Sorry for the misinformation.
- Removed the "TST" channels from 61.5 listings in the 9900 block. Now we know what the TSTs were! :-) (JH)
- "PolSat Test" channel added to 607. (JH)
- Chinese channels are now available for $24.95 for all three. (581, 582 and 587)
- KTEL Telemundo Albuquerque is slated to go up tomorrow.
- Mystery Channels 581, 582 and 587 filled in with three Chinese Services Phoenix TV (Mandarin), Central China TV (presumably Mandarin since it is run by the Chinese Government and Mandarin is the official language), TV Asia (Presumably Cantonese since it is from Hong Kong)
- Lots of minor corrections made ranging from duplicated channel numbers to wrong network affiliations listed. Many thanks to Wil A., Tom P., Katies4Evr, Jeff F., Brad M., Michael T. and Rob S. Also to any others that may have sent e-mail to help me keep this site up to date. All productive e-mails are welcome!
- Many local (8000 block) channels confirmed uplinked to 148. (The ones WITHOUT the green backround) (JH)
- All the "Mystery Local Channels" were filled in today thanks to the Dishplayer's "Hidden Channel Guide". In total 73 local channel listings added just today.
- Maryland residents may want to sit down first and then look at channels 8730-8736. It's not my fault if you faint, fall and hurt yourselves!
- Grand Rapids "big 4" are listed in the "hidden guide" as well. Added proper footnote.
- UNC TV stations in all three NC cities are in fact a mirror of WUNC TV 4 Chapel Hill. Local stations in Charlotte and Asheville are not being used. Changed chart TP and sat info accordingly. (JH)
SHVIA Day!/New Year's Day 2002
- KRON S.F. is back but at 148°.
- Superchannel TBN on sky Angel and channel 55 Orlando are different feeds so the reference to channel 55 on Sky Angel 9709 was removed.
- More Orlando Locals available now so changed background color of affected locals.
- ESPN Classic (143) is gone. Just showing DN logo now. Keeping the listing as Disney and Dish continue their talks.
- KADY Oxnard/Ventura is no longer a UPN affiliate. Changed designation from UPN to Ind.
DISH Channel Chart